1. In Khelmahakumbh 2017 – 18, the U-17 boys basketball team of Gujarat Public School were the winners at the district level.
2. Jay Gowda of Class X (CBSE) bagged First position at National level in the All India Wado-Kai Karate Championship 2017 organised by All India Wadokai Karate Association. He was the winner in both Individual Kata u-16 and Individual Kumite 75 Kg. category.
3. Nilkanth Patel of Class X (GSEB) was the winner in U-16 basketball game in Gujarat State Youth Basketball Championship 2017 organized by Raval Sports & Alchemy School.
4. Anantjyot Singh of Class IV (CBSE) bagged second position in 80mt. Hurdle Long Jump and third position in 60mt. sprint in U-11 category in the Open Summer Athletics Meet organized by Rudra Sports Academy.
5. Aarushi Bhargava of Class XII Comm. (CBSE) bagged the First position in the State level in the 1st State Gujarat Open Karate Championship organized by Karate Do Federation, Gujarat.
6. Nandaniya Om P. of Class –XI Comm. (GSEB) bagged the Third Position in the 65Kg. Category at All Baroda Judo Championship -2017 organized by Baroda District Judo Association.
7. Jigar Patel of Class – IX (GSEB) bagged the Third Position in the 85Kg. Category at All Baroda Judo Championship -2017 organized by Baroda District Judo Association.
8. Aarushi Bhargava of Class XII Comm. (CBSE) bagged Third position in Kata and First position in Kumite in the U-17 category of 2nd Wado India National Karate Championship 2017 organized by International Wado federation India.
9. Sooryansh Sharma of Class III (CBSE) bagged first position in Kumite and Third position in Kata in 25Kg. category of 2nd Wado India National Karate Championship 2017 organized by International Wado federation India.
10. The U-19 Basketball team of Gujarat Public School were the Runner's up in the Gujarat State School Sports League organized by Gujarat State Govdernment.
11. In the Inter-school Quiz oraganised by Bal Bhavan, Param Mankad of Class VI (GSEB) and Smit Shah of Class VII (GSEB) bagged the Third position.
1. Khanjan Deshpande of Class I (GSEB-AFTERNOON SCHOOL) became the winner in Small Hand Big Art Drawing Competition organized by Art Teaches Association, Gujarat State.
2. In the Kala Mahakumbh 2017-18, organized by Government of Gujarat, the team from Gujarat Public School bagged the Third position in the Group Song Event.
Sahodaya Science Workshop: On 25th July, 2015, GPS hosted the Sahodaya Science Workshop with participation from 36 schools from various cities of Gujarat and in the presence of 128 science teachers, the event broadened the student's horizons of Science and was an enriching experience for all present.
GPS organized a Workshop on Bharatnatyam on 14th August, 2015. This celebration of the rich heritage of Indian Classical Dance was graced by the presence of an esteemed dancer / choreographer – Padmashree Dr. Geeta Chandran. She is a revered artist and a star performer.
GPS in association with Spic Macay organized a Warli Art Workshop for students. Its an ancient art form of 3000 BC. This session was held by the renowned Mr. Rajesh Vangad for class 6 & above.
GPS students of class 6-8 were part of this mega event to spread awareness and importance of Yoga in day to day life for all individual.
The workshop is for the children in the age group of 9-16. Students learn the real world application of theortical concept of Science, Engineering, Technology and maths by building projects and models .
The 69th Independence Day was celebrated with the sole aim of inculcating patriotism amongst the students. The National Flag, the pride of our nation was hosted by the MD – Mr. Sargam Gupta who was chief guest on this occasion. The students of various grades sang patriotic songs which culminated with a dance performance with the feeling of togetherness and being an Indian crossing the old boundaries of religion and caste.
We are delighted to announce that the Music team of GPS School has won the first position in Rashtriya Samuhgan Spardha, Gandhinagar held at State Level on 1st November 2015 and further represented our school for the 41st All India National Group Song Competition NGSC Swaranjali 2015 organised by Bharat Vikas Parishad,Madhya Bharat North Prant in ITM University Gwalior on 21st December 2015.
The festival of Krishna Janmashtami celebrates the birth of Lord Krishna. Here is what our team of young boys form human pyramids to reach Dahi-Handi during the Janmashtami celebrations.
On the occasion of Prohibition week, Open Baroda Cycling Competition wasorganized for creating awareness of De –addiction in the society. GPS students presented a street play with a message to stay away from Drug addiction.
Continuing our tradition, GPS celebrated Navratri on its sports ground. The students of all classes came dressed in traditional attire. It was a visual delight. The enthusiasm amongst the students made the entire evening eventful.
Our Principal Mrs. Beena Prashant welcomed the gathering together with all the teachers. Young students from the school cheered jubilantly as the festivities kicked off with a cultural program. The event was honoured by the auspicious presence of our Chief guestDr Bhagwati Oza, Gynecologist and a versatile personality in Sports field.& Ms. Neha Tipnis Karnik, Physiotherapist, accredited as Level 1 Cricket Specific Sports Physiotherapist by Board for Control of Cricket in India (BCCI) in May 2010. Currently she is in Srilanka for an assignment –as the Physiotherapist for Sri Lanka Women Cricket Team.
THE `GLOBAL VILLAGE' was presented by kids of class I-V and Teachers to showcase students skills in speech, leadership, articulation, confidence, and responsibility and well organized attitude to present various aspects of different countries and states of India through built monuments, models showing cultural landscapes, food items, great heroes of those lands etc…
It was organized at GPS Atladara on 20/12/15. It was in association with AISSES Vadodara. Students with special needs had been invited to participate in the competitionand showcase their creativity and imagination.
As every year, the school had organized a Funfair. The event was a grand success with many people who visited the stall and the music and the ambience held the students enthralled.
Picnics are an integral part of our curriculum for which the children are always excited and thrilled. Students from grade 6-12 visited Reparion Resort recently. It was a fun filled day with lots of euphoria around.
Sakshi Srivastava (Class IX) stood 3rd in the second round of the Inter school Oratory Competitions held at Surat on 10th January 2016.
To bid farewell to students of grade 12, an interactive and entertaining programme was organized.